Convert Effort to Skill Assignment
This Document can be found in the following categories:
Three right click commands are available
on the Effort Forecasts sheet that move
demand from existing assignments to new or existing skill
assignments on the target project(s).
Convert Demand to Skill
Move all selected demand to a skill assignment on the project with
the same skill as the selected assignment(s).
Convert Shortfall to Skill
Move all selected demand shortfall to a skill
assignment on the project with the same skill as the selected
Convert to Alternate Skill
With the specified skill, create a single skill
assignment on each project in the selected assignments and
accumulate the selected demand to the new (or existing) skill
All three operate on the periods selected in the data range. If the
selection is in the label area, all periods with demand are
If the skill
assignment already exists on the project, the target demand is
added to the existing demand.
As the Engineering manager, you have three problems staffing the
Wilson project. Two resources have demand shortfall and Dave has
given notice that he is leaving the company on August 1.
3. Select a label cell in the row for Darrell's assignment.
4. Control-click a label cell in the row for Sam H's
5. Right click in the selection and click CONVERT SHORTFALL TO
6. Select the period data cells from August to December in the row
for Dave's assignment.
7. Right click in the selection and click CONVERT DEMAND TO